Private Real Estate Finance Scholarship
We believe private financing will change real estate – because it gives every investor a chance at greatness – not just those with experience or money. Asset-based lending is the best way to evaluate possible financing. In the same spirit, we offer a chance to young academic students with ambition to enter into the real estate field one scholarship for $2,000. We accept scholarship applications until July 15th of each year, and award the scholarships every year on August 1st. Scholarship funds are to be used for expenses, including tuition, room and board, textbooks and materials, and any other expenses related to achieving a degree. The Awardee will be required to sign a statement to this effect. We award one scholarship per year. Here are the requirements to qualify for our academic scholarships:
- Attend an accredited academic institution for higher learning.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Interest in working in the real estate field. Candidates with real estate experience are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- At the time of the award (August 1st) you must be 18 years old.
If you wish to apply, or apply on behalf of someone else, provide all of the following information, in pdf format only, to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full name, address, number, and school/degree information.
- Your interest in pursuing a career in corporate/ commercial real estate.
- Record of scholastic achievement to date, including academic grade point average and extracurricular activities (note past academic challenges will not bar you from applying).
- your community service and internship/employment experience.
- Your financial needs – tell us how our scholarship will help you.
- Recommendations by two people familiar with your achievements or goals. Choose two people who know you well over individuals with impressive positions.
- A 1500 word or more essay about why you want to join the real estate or finance industry – it can be a story about what got you interested, what you want to achieve in your career. Most importantly – we want to know how you want to change the real estate industry for the better – including issues of racial inclusion, tolerance towards minorities and how real estate can impact local underserved communities.
Applicants who are chosen as finalists will be advised by email by August 1st of each year and must be available for an interview two weeks after the selection. You can also call us at any time for additional information.
- Application Deadline – July 15h of each year
- Scholarship Winner – announced August 1st of each year
- Essay length – 1500 words maximum
- How to apply – submit the essay, professional resume, to email@example.com
Suits for Interviews - "Mini-Scholarships"
We know it is important to come ready for a job interview, and the first step is to look good. Qualified candidates don’t have a suit or professional attire for an interview will be given a voucher for renting a suit or professional attire so they can attend the interview in style and impress the employer. Our goal with this program is to provide underserved communities and young students new to the job market an opportunity to access work attire before securing a job. If you wish to qualify, send us a special scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Proof of enrollment in an academic institution or diploma received in the last 12 months
- Candidate is looking for full time employment at the field she/he studied in school
- Proof candidate is scheduled for a job interview for a full time position that is not remote, and the interview is taking place within 30 days of the date of applying
- Preference for type of professional attire – a suit, skirt, pants, etc…
Why we Provide an Academic Scholarship
Our goal is to provide opportunities to individuals that come from less-privileged background and communities – and with a small push can help bridge the gap required for success. When a lot of our founding team just began their academic careers, it was private scholarship and grants that eased the burden of high tuition costs and living expenses. This is our way to give back, the same way we were able to get help when we needed it during our academic careers.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ communities to apply to our scholarship – we believe every member of society deserves an opportunity to succeed. Here is a short list of some of the cities that we accepted applications from in the past:
If you live in Los Angeles and interested in interning with us, shoot us an email with your resume and a short description of your professional or academic career. Submit all documents via PDF format to email@example.com.
Schedule an Appointment
Get in contact with our hard money specialists