Hard Money Loans for Mobile Home Parks
Jump to Topic
Updated: May 2021
Mobile home parks are perhaps the best kept secret in income properties in commercial real estate. It is a solid investment type, with higher returns compared to apartment buildings, office, and other income properties. In addition, ownership of mobile home parks is still fairly fragmented – allowing for buying opportunities through value-add and rent increases.
Our unique program for mobile home park investors provide private hard money financing for any investing strategy:
- Buy and hold
- Cash out or refinance
- 2nd position
- Construction of a brand-new park
- Bridge loan
Application process and requirements to qualify
Regardless of your investment strategy – you will need to qualify for a hard money loan if you want to buy or refinance a mobile home park. A typical loan process us much shorter compared to a traditional bank loan – with much less document requirement and asset-based underwriting that allows higher risk properties to be financed and purchased.
- Minimum loan amount – $150,000
- Rates – starting at 9%
- Interest only
- LTV – up to 80% (with credit + income verification)
- Location – urban/suburban/rural
- We do not fund individual mobile home purchases
Types of Mobile Home Parks We Help Finance
Manufactured home parks come in all shapes and sizes. The need for housing in the past few years in certain high demand markets fueled a need for cheap and fast home construction. Modern design of modular homes, tiny homes, and park model homes offer high quality living at a cheap entry point for buyers. The real advantage of manufactured homes – they are ready to move into and are constructed in a matter of weeks, not years.
- Mobile home parks – the traditional American mobile home parks are typically 40 spaces and larger, single or double-wide homes. They are mostly rural, and the most common type of manufactured home. Tenants bring in their own trailers and lease space from the landlord.
- RV Parks – stands for ‘Recreational Vehicle’ – these types of parks are more like a hotel compared to the long term tenancy in mobile home parks.
- We do not offer financing on owner-occupied RVs, modular homes, mobile homes.
Use HM Capital for you next mobile home park purchase or refinance
Our unique and specialized knowledge of the mobile home industry gives the edge in mobile home park financing. Using hard money lending to purchase distress assets. Our terms:
- Up to 80% of the purchase price
- No doc programs available
- Asset-based lending
- We do not finance owner occupied mobile homes
- First timers welcome!
- $150,000 minimum loan amount